Multi-Day Backpacking Trips
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." - John Muir
How to book:
1. Plan your trip with your guide by emailing [email protected]
2. Pick out a trip with your guide.
3. Coordinate trailhead location with your guide.
4. Read the Basics of Backpacking Guide.
6. Learn about Leave No Trace!
7. Pack! Link to things to pack in your backpack!
8. Go backpacking!
Backpacking gear rental included:
- Sleeping Bag/Quilt
- Sleeping Pad
- Trekking Poles
- Water Filtration
- Cooking Equipment
- First Aid Kit
- Bear Bag
- Equipment Options! Check out the gear list!
Meals, Snacks, Hydration:
- All meals and snacks included! Meals are cooked for guests, and you can learn how to do it too! (see "trail cuisine" in our blog)
- Learn about Leave No Trace Principals.
- Learn about the native plants, wildlife, and geology of Montana.
- Wildlife is common, but not always seen on outings.
We love when it happens though!
- Guides are Wilderness First Aid Certified, Leave No Trace Certified, and Food-Handler Certified.
- Guides are vaccinated and boosted with Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Wear and Pack appropriate hiking attire, such as athletic clothing and outdoorsy clothing that is made from synthetic fibers.
- Hiking boots or shoes are recommended.
- Raincoat and one warm layer are a must!
- Hikes can be hazardous and will likely encounter fallen trees, stream crossings, hopping on rocks, scrambling on hands and feet.
- Bring at least one full or empty water bottle at least 32 oz. Guide will provide more if needed.
- Bring your own sunscreen and bugspray.
- Never a bad idea to bring extra food!
- Grizzlies are around and active!
- Masks worn upon request.
- Guide carries first aid kit and satellite beacon on every trip.
Group Trip Rates
Intro To Backpacking
$375 / person / 24 hrs
- Learn the ins and outs of backcountry hiking and camping from an expert guide on a one-night backpacking trip.
- Learn how to prepare, pack, cook, and survive in the backcountry!
- Recreate sustainably with Leave No Trace.
- Equipment Included
- Food Included