Hike + Float Booking Page
Day Hike + Relaxing Backcountry Float
Hike to, then relax and float on a pristine alpine lake in packrafts while your guide prepares lunch, and tea/coffee.
Hike 6 - 12 miles, then paddle for 2 - 4 hrs. Options for every skill level. Choose your hike before you go.
Kayak in Peace
Locations chosen specifically to avoid crowds. No motorboats up here!
Deer, Moose, Marmots, Bears, and Birds of all kinds live in the Bitterroot.
While animal encounters are exciting and welcome, the chance of occurrence is usually random.
Use Great Gear
Our packrafts made by Alpacka Rafts and Kokopelli are the best money can buy!
We supply the packs, bear spray, safety gear, and trekking poles too!
Lunch is served on all kayaking trips!
Snacks/tea/coffee are provided too.
We're Dog Friendly
The Bitterroot National Forrest allows dogs!
Dogs are welcome with prior notice.
Leave No Trace
Learn how to Leave No Trace and practice while you hike!
Already familiar with LNT? Even better!
Identify Plants + Wildlife
Learn about Montana's and the Bitterroot's unique climates while you identify plants and animals as you hike.
The Full Breakdown:
Day Hike + Relaxing Float
Included in Every Trip:
- An Expert Guide (Luke Hayduk)
- Backpack Rentals
- Trekking Pole Rentals
- Guide carries packrafting gear, first aid, Garmin gps communicator, water filtration, and food.
- Packrafting Gear for each Adult:
- Lifevest ( Child-sized vests too, if needed.)
- Lunch - Patagonia Provisions + Mountain House Meal
- Snacks / Tea / Coffee
- Guides are Wilderness First Aid Certified, Leave No Trace Certified, and Food-Handler Certified.
- Guides are vaccinated and boosted with Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Group and Private tour options available.
Booking and Preparation:
- Please find the booking link below or click here. (Peek.com is our booking provider.)
- You will be contacted via email with:
- Hike options
- Food options for restricted diets
- An outline of your trip
- Bookings for Packrafting Day Hikes can be canceled up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
Please make sure you prepare for the hike!
- Bring these things for the hike.
- Check the weather and smoke forecasts!
- Expect hiking in high altitudes between 5500 and 7500 ft which means the air is thinner with less oxygen.